Having two simultaneous and similar database

From: Sairam Krishnamurthy <kmsram420(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Having two simultaneous and similar database
Date: 2010-10-04 20:02:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all.

I am trying to create two databases in two different machines connected
over the lan. Both the databases have similar tables and fields in them.
I will be updating database A always. I want the update to be backed up
to database B automatically during the night when no one will be using
the databases.

Can some one tell if if this can be done and if yes how ?

--
Thanks,
Sairam Krishnamurthy