Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?
Date: 2010-06-04 21:49:13
Lists: pgsql-general

DM wrote:
> Sorry i didnt frame my question properly earlier, we are looking for
> solution to do real time replication from db2 to postgres, its
> different from migration.
> Eventually we want to move away from DB2. Intention is to create a
> subset of a db2 database on postgres and allow users to access the
> postgres database.

*real* realtime, as in transaction by transaction? or sorta-realtime,
as in updates every X interval where X is a minute or few?

wild guess says, you'll need to roll that yourself, probably on the DB2
side using triggers, and I have no idea how you'd connect to PG from the
DB2 procedures (as I know very little about DB2 specifically)