Re: PosttgreSQL on AIX

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PosttgreSQL on AIX
Date: 2010-06-02 00:13:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Ernesto Quiñones wrote:
> Hi Tom, I read the page before, thanks
>
> maybe some friend can recommend me some "load balancer" solution for
> AIX with PostgreSQL

load balancing writes is problematic. load balancing reads is easy
enough, although maintaining ACID with decent performance can still be
problematic, depending on how you do the replication from the writable
master to the readonly slave

one bigger-faster AIX box or LPAR will likely be faster than two slower
ones, no matter how you load balance it.