Re: cleaning wal files from postgres

From: erobles <erobles(at)sensacd(dot)com(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cleaning wal files from postgres
Date: 2010-05-24 14:41:37
Lists: pgsql-general

oops, sorry, my question was very ambiguous ...
What I want to know is:
The correct procedure to remove the wal files that have been used in
the recovery of a postgres server.

Consider the following;

1.- A main server in production.
2.- A secondary server that is normally off.
3.- By connecting the secondary server, the primary server must copy
the directory data as well as wal files generated during the copying
process.

4.- start up the postgres on the secondary server.

5o.Delete wal files no longer will be used by postgres to save disk space.

how can i know which wal file is not required by postgres and
delete wal files from main and secondary server, to save space disk
on the servers ? (after a succesfully start up on secondary server)

regards eddie.