Re: pg_upgrade - link mode and transaction-wraparound data loss

From: Jesper Krogh <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade - link mode and transaction-wraparound data loss
Date: 2010-05-18 19:21:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2010-05-18 20:52, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> This line above looks very odd because I didn't think the template0
> datfrozenxid could be advanced. Can I see the output of this query:
>
> SELECT datname, datfrozenxid, datallowconn FROM pg_database;

Only from the "old" database:
data=# SELECT datname, datfrozenxid, datallowconn FROM pg_database;
datname | datfrozenxid | datallowconn
-----------+--------------+--------------
template0 | 2073823552 | f
postgres | 2023820521 | t
data | 2023782337 | t
jk | 2023822188 | t
template1 | 2073823552 | t
workqueue | 2023822188 | t
(6 rows)

> I am wondering if you set datallowconn for template0 to 'true'.

From this database, I cannot give any more results, I ran some other
queries and then restarted postgres, subsequently it seemed
totally broken. I'm in the process of running the test over again, but
it'll take a while before data is in. I'll report back.

--
Jesper