Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Yan Cheng CHEOK <yccheok(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin
Date: 2010-05-17 22:06:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 17/05/2010 07:52, Yan Cheng CHEOK a écrit :
> The pgadmin result seems different with my machine. My friend and I are using Windows machine. Are you using Linux machine?

My tests this morning were on a Linux machine. I tried tonight with a
Windows PC. Here are the results for three "create database":

pgAdmin: 7.6s ; 8.5s ; 7.6s
psql: 6.8s ; 7.4s ; 7.4s

Not much of a difference either (between the GUI tool (pgAdmin) and the
CLI tool (psql)). But a really big one between Linux and Windows.

PG 8.4.4, pgAdmin 1.12b1+ (both on Linux and Windows).

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org