Can't remove default permissions entry

From: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't remove default permissions entry
Date: 2020-05-27 17:06:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On RDS (thus, no superuser) we are trying to drop a user. The only remaining item that the user owns is an "empty" default permissions entry, but we can't seem to get rid of it so that the user can be dropped:

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!

Logged in as xyuser:

db=> \ddp+
Default access privileges
Owner | Schema | Type | Access privileges
xyuser | | table |

db=> ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR USER xyuser REVOKE ALL ON TABLES FROM xyuser;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
db=> \ddp+

--
-- Christophe Pettus