Re: Int64GetDatum

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Int64GetDatum
Date: 2010-04-16 18:01:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Greg Smith wrote:
> I'm not trying to criticize what you're doing, just given you a dose
> of my own paranoia and preferred risk management approach for this
> sort of thing. It may not actually be possible to fully follow the
> unreasonable requirements you've been given and deliver something that
> works well.

understood. and if it was my server, no problem.

but I work for a development group stateside within my company, these
deployed servers are at our Asian manufacturing plants, and the
production operations people are rather far removed from me. they are
also hyper conservative (someone asks for a presentation on Cloud
architectures, they came up with a slide set on IBM Power Server LPAR's
and called that a cloud!)