Re: "the database system is starting up"

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: Dennis Thrysøe <dth(at)geysirit(dot)dk>
Cc: <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "the database system is starting up"
Date: 2010-04-13 13:44:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dennis Thrysøe<dth(at)geysirit(dot)dk> wrote:

> Yes, that tells me that connection attempts are from the local
> host on incrementing port numbers for each attempt.

Is the user your database superuser? When I start a warm standby I
get one such message per second from pg_ctl for one minute; then
they stop. Yours keep going indefinitely?

If you are using pg_ctl, can you show us the *exact* command used
(specifically including the -t parameter, if used)? Does your
process list show any pg_ctl instances running while this is
happening?

-Kevin