Re: proposal: more practical view on function's source code

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: more practical view on function's source code
Date: 2010-03-21 14:02:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 21/03/2010 8:03 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> Current form of function detail isn't too practical (see screenshot 1)
>
> we can move source code to separate area (maybe we can add rownumbers)
>
> see screenshot 2 (it is only mockup, real implementation can be more
> inteligent in rows numbering)

Ideally, the output of the source listing could be used as input to
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION without excessive massaging. Those line
number prefixes make it hard to grab the output of \df+ and do something
useful with it. Sure, vim's column-edit takes care of them quickly
enough, but it's still a pain, and if the output format is to be changed
it might be nice to see it change in a way that makes it easier to
re-use that source listing.

--
Craig Ringer