Re: WHo is locking me?

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Danny Abraham" <danny_abraham(at)bmc(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WHo is locking me?
Date: 2010-03-18 21:02:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

---------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 25936 | <IDLE> in transaction <== This is the locker

> - What exactly is the locker doing?

At the time you ran that, it wasn't doing anything in the database,
but it had not committed or rolled back the transaction it had
previously started.

> - Can I retrieve the Client PID somewhere (then by process name I
> will dive into the code).

If you're on Linux and this is a TCP connection, netstat should make
that easy. Are you?

-Kevin