[Pljava-dev] Using JDBC in PL/Java 1.4.0: Statement.executeQuery() automatically closes the statement redux

From: tim(dot)clarke at manifest(dot)co(dot)uk (Tim Clarke)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Using JDBC in PL/Java 1.4.0: Statement.executeQuery() automatically closes the statement redux
Date: 2010-03-12 13:35:45
Lists: pljava-dev

> I've been tracking down a problem where checking getWarnings() after an
> executeQuery() in pljava and found an exchange on the list from 2008
> that matches my symptoms exactly:
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/2008/001298.html
> <http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/2008/001303.html>
>
> Kris Jurka replied swiftly and fixed the issue in the source tree. Was
> this ever released live? I've just downloaded the latest:
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/1597/pljava-i686-pc-linux-gnu-pg8.2-1.4.0.tar.gz
>
> To run against our PG 8.2.15 database and I'm still getting the problem.

I (think) I've managed to get a compile now using Eclipse and jdk1.5_10.
Unfortunately when registering my java function calls using

set search_path=voting;

select sqlj.install_jar('file:///usr/local/manifest/vote.jar',
'vote', false);
select sqlj.install_jar('file:///usr/share/java/log4j.jar',
'log4j', false);
SELECT sqlj.set_classpath('voting', 'vote:log4j');

CREATE or replace FUNCTION vote(AccountID int8, CapitalID int8,
EventID int8, CanCopy bool, CopyFromEventID int8)
RETURNS varchar
AS 'uk.co.manifest.postgres.vote.VoteCalc.vote(long, long, long,
boolean, long)'
volatile LANGUAGE java;

I get the error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method org.postgresql.pljava.internal.Portal._
fetch(JZI)I

on that first install_jar() call followed by "failed to create JVM" on
any subsequent calls :-/ I've not found an answer by googling. Can
anyone help?

--
Tim Clarke AMBCS MIAP
IT Director

Phone: +44 1376 503500
Direct: +44 1376 504510
Fax: +44 1376 503550
Email: tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk <mailto:tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk>
Web: http://www.manifest.co.uk
Skype: callto:tim.clarke

Manifest is the trading name of: Manifest Information Services Ltd: Registered in England Number 3401145 & The Manifest Voting Agency Ltd:
Registered in England Number 2920820. Registered Office at above address. VAT Registration Number: GB 700 1880 77
Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information.
If you are not the named addressee you must not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to: admin at manifest.co.uk
Please see http://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/legal_notices.htm for further information.