When making ODBC remote connection, which executable is called?

From: Nim Li <nimli(at)sri(dot)utoronto(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: When making ODBC remote connection, which executable is called?
Date: 2010-02-19 19:05:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

After I install PostgreSQL to Windows Server 2008, I cannot connect to
it through another computer. I believe the Window's firewall is
blocking the traffic.

So I go to the firewall setup to create a new "Inbound" rule. When
creating a "Custom-type" rule to specify the details, I have the
following question.

I can specify the rule applies to "PostreSQL" service. But I am not
certain what program it should be applied to? Is it:
- "[PostgreSQL_install_dir]\bin\postgres.exe" or other file?

Many thanks!

Nim