Partitioning improvements query

From: John Lister <john(dot)lister-ps(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Partitioning improvements query
Date: 2010-02-04 21:59:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all, I was just wondering if any progress has been made on improving
partitioning, particuarly performance wise. I've found a few documents
on the web, for example:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Table_partitioning and
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Image:Partitioning_Requirements.pdf,
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2008_Developer_Meeting#Partitioning_Roadmap
which mention improvements to partitioning, but I can't find any info if
these have been acted on.

Just curious as things like pushing limits down to the sub queries would
be a great feature, etc

Cheers

John