Re: How to install module tablefunc

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: florent THOMAS <florent(dot)thomas(at)tdeo(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to install module tablefunc
Date: 2010-01-31 09:54:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

Le 31/01/2010 10:34, florent THOMAS a écrit :
> [...]
> I'm currently running on linux and with pgSQL8.4.
> I would like to use the crosstab function avalable in the tablefunc
> module.
> Unfortunately I don't know where to download/install this module.
>
> Any help??

Well, it is a contrib module, so you need to download the contrib
package of your distro, and then execute the SQL script tablefunc.sql.

If you compiled PostgreSQL, there is a contrib directory in the sources
directory. Get in there, get in the tablefunc subdirectory, then "make
&& make install". After that, you can execute the SQL script tablefunc.sql.

BTW, as I already said today, this list is for pgAdmin support. That's
not big deal, but you can have a better/quicker answer on a PostgreSQL
list, pgsql-general would be the more appropriate one.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org