Re: feture request

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: "Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>
Cc: "Gerba, Judy" <Judy(dot)Gerba(at)orbitz(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: feture request
Date: 2010-01-28 08:28:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 27/01/2010 23:53, Little, Douglas a écrit :
> [...]
> Thanks so much for working on this. I'm impressed that it's actually worked it's way up the queue.

It's an interesting feature, and simple to code. So, it finds its way up
really easily :)

> * should we have a global history or a history per database? I prefer
> the former...
>
> global histor is fine. But would be nice to record what db it was issued against.

It can be displayed, and only puts the query in the textbox when selected.

> * probably I need to add a Clear button?
>
> Management capability is needed. Delete record, delete all, copy to query window.

Copy to query window is already done. Delete all is simple to add.
Bigger management capability is probably too much for this release.

> * should I add options to allow the change the filename?
>
> Not for the 1st iteration. Eventually would be parm on options window.
>
> In TD sql Assist, changing filename is not an option. File is a jet MDB.
>
> I'll send if useful.

Nick Kitson asked for such a feature (for the favourites file, but this
is the same kind of code). That's why I'm proposing to do it right now.

> * is there anything else I have to add?
>
> These might give you some ideas.
>
> Useful is a find command. Searches sql statement for string. Presents list, then you can select to see the full sql. (takes you to edit window)
>
> History window
>
> Copy, the sql to the active query window.

Already done.

> The check saves the notes, edited query - top box is updateable.
>
> X discards the changes

I don't think we'll go that far.

> The amount of rows stored is a option. I have mine set to 5000 statements.

I find that one quite interesting. That also changes the Options window.

> [...]
> Thank you very much for working on this.

You're welcome :)

Glad you like it.

--
Guillaume.