Re: Proper case function

From: John Summerfield <postgres(at)herakles(dot)homelinux(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proper case function
Date: 2010-01-06 15:42:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Michael Gould wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Based on what I read it wouldn't handle cases where the result should be
>
> MacDonald from macdonald. There are other cases such as the sentence below

I've looked at rationalising names in this manner before, and found
that, depending on the individual, both Macdonald and Macdonald are correct.

So I waved my hands around, harrumphed and went for Macdonald in all cases.

I'm sure that should the MacDonalds have not become accustomed to being
recorded as Macdonalds, surely they will soon, or at least not complain
about it.