Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?

From: Chris Withers <chris(at)simplistix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Naoko Reeves <naokoreeves(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?
Date: 2010-01-04 13:38:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Naoko Reeves wrote:
> Try check this directory: Library: StartupItems: postgres-plus-8.xx
> there should be script to start automatically.

/Library/StartupItems is empty.

I think putting stuff in there is an old-fashioned way of doing things
that went out with Mac OS X 10.4, and I'm glad to say it looks like the
latest postgres doesn't install like this..

...however, that still leaves me back at square 1 with respect to
disabling the auto-startup of postgres.

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk