Re: Protecting stored procedures

From: Vibhor Kumar <vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Protecting stored procedures
Date: 2011-04-07 13:54:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Apr 7, 2011, at 6:16 PM, Michael Gould wrote:

> We want to protect the intellectual property of several of our stored procedures. If we put them in a separate schema in the database and only allow execute on anything in that schema would that protect our stored procedures?

If use is normal user, then you can revoke the access of procedure from user.
If you are thinking of keeping the code of stored procedure hidden from any user, then you can use PL_secure:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/8.4/plsecure/Postgres_Plus_Standard_Server_PL_Secure_PLpgSQL-09.htm#P134_8474

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com