Re: pgsql2shp : Encoding headache

From: Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud(dot)listes(at)codata(dot)eu>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, postgis-users(at)postgis(dot)refractions(dot)net
Subject: Re: pgsql2shp : Encoding headache
Date: 2009-10-16 10:34:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
> If it's any help to you, you can get iconv (and a bunch of other helpful
> stuff) from GnuWin32:
>
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for your help Raymond.

I tried iconv but I have other problems now.
I still have to load the file into postgresql because the shapefiles
datafile (.dbf) is associated with an index file, and I have to use
pgsql2shp to rebuild it.
I'll try some more though. Maybe iconv before shp2pgsql, then load with
client_encoding set to WIN1252, then dump.
I'll see how it goes.

Arnaud