Re: Odd sort behaviour

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Odd sort behaviour
Date: 2009-09-01 23:22:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

OK, I'm waking up now. My locale is as Scott suspected, en-US.UTF-8,
and of
course my server too.

I guess I never really left "C" intellectually :) and we have a server that
thinks SQL-ASCII is cool and comparing lists of names and emails between
that server
and my local utf-8 one was rather perplexing.

I'm sure this a life-time's worth of discussion on the merits of
treating "."
as nothing when sorting....

Sorry for the noise.