Re: Proxy for postgres

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proxy for postgres
Date: 2009-08-14 17:03:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Martin Spinassi wrote:
> I'm searching for something to use as a proxy for different instances of
> postgres.
> So the question is, what can I use as a proxy queries to different
> instances of postgres?

perhaps if you better defined what you mean by 'proxy queries'... a
'proxy' is simply something authorized to act for another, and can mean
many different things in computing.

if your app needs to query different databases, it can simply open
different connections to each of them.

if your app needs to execute queries that join data stored in different
databases, then there's really no solution that performs very well.