Re: Refer to another database

From: Andreas Kalsch <andreaskalsch(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Refer to another database
Date: 2009-08-04 05:18:39
Lists: pgsql-general

This is what I want to do: To refer to another database, like I can do
it in MySQL. After adding a schema with database name and refering to it
from another database I get:

ERROR: schema "test" does not exist

Adding the database name:

osm_de=# select * from test.test.newt;
ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented: "test.test.newt"

Could be very simple, if it would be like in MySQL ;) To be completely
in context of a schema - so that I can use all tables without the prefix
- I have to reset the search_path very often. This is probably not very
elegant, but will be my solution then ...