Re: Field name problem

From: Alan Chandler <alan(at)chandlerfamily(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Field name problem
Date: 2009-07-29 06:41:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Tim Landscheidt wrote:

> b) Restore the backup to an SQL file, load it into a suit-
> able editor, change (very carefully) "over" to the new
> attribute name and restore that file to a new server.

Thats what I had hoped to be able to do (I've got to search several
backups for the one with the exact right dataset and I don't want to be
changing postgresql versions all the time), I read the pg_restore man
page over and over before posting. Looking again after your post I see
now to just leave out the database name duh.

Thanks

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk