Re: Reindex doesn’t not working replica nodes

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
To: Mohammed Afsar <vmdapsar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reindex doesn’t not working replica nodes
Date: 2024-08-16 13:19:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

> On Aug 16, 2024, at 7:08 AM, Mohammed Afsar <vmdapsar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> We are using streaming replications but still reindex is not working source db has 11.15replica has 11.11 PostgreSQL version.

This is not your problem.

As you understand, I think, with streaming replication all files, including indexes, are exactly duplicated on the replica. If the OS on the two sides have different glibc versions which have different collations, then the index structure of the primary will be a corrupted index on the replica. You have to fix your OS version incompatibility, or move to a version of postgres which can use ICU collations and make sure that library is compatible on both sides.