performance tuning on Vista problem

From: Murray Richardson <murray(dot)richardson(at)utoronto(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: performance tuning on Vista problem
Date: 2009-05-23 01:55:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello postgres community,

I am running postgresql 8.3 on Vista 64 and trying to do some
performance tuning to make better use of my system resources. Anytime I
make any changes to the postgresql.conf file, I cannot connect to the
server - I get a "Server Doesn't Listen" error. I also tried via the
Enterprise Tuning Wizard and I get the same problem. I have to
reinstall postgres to get things working again. I suspect this is a
permission issue in Vista but I am not sure how to proceed. I would
appreciate any advice or insight into this.

Thanks!

Murray