Re: Column oriented pgsql

From: "bfriedman(dot)postgresql" <bfriedman(dot)postgresql(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mag Gam <magawake(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Column oriented pgsql
Date: 2009-05-09 01:47:48
Lists: pgsql-general

If you are looking for a column based dbms, you might want to check out
Monet - it is a columnar database.

http://monetdb.cwi.nl/

For some applications, columnar databases can be much faster than
traditional rdbms systems. However, column based databases are not a
'one size fits all' answer.

Brent Friedman