Re: recover corrupt DB?

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Steve Clark <sclark(at)netwolves(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dan Armbrust <daniel(dot)armbrust(dot)list(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: recover corrupt DB?
Date: 2009-05-01 12:42:53
Lists: pgsql-general

> On all our servers we have a cron job that runs daily and reports disk
> usage stats.
> Maybe you need something similar.

Of course. I have Cacti running to monitor disk usage on all my servers.

That doesn't help if a user creates several duplicates of a huge table,
or otherwise gobbles disk space. There's always the *potential* to run
out of disk space, and I'm concerned that Pg doesn't handle that
gracefully. I agree it shouldn't happen, but Pg shouldn't mangle the DB
when it does, either.

--
Craig Ringer