Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Paul Förster <paul(dot)foerster(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thiemo Kellner <thiemo(at)gelassene-pferde(dot)biz>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-01-17 18:15:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes it’s unfortunately highly probable that someone asking (yet again) how to tune postgres will not first search for how to formulate a question. Not to say such info as you, David, and others propose should not be made available as it certainly should but that we may have to accept such nuisance posts as part of the cost of the truly valuable. Hopefully we agree that they are not, at least to date, unbearably frequent.