psql 8.1.9 autovacuum safe?

From: Irene Barg <ibarg(at)noao(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql 8.1.9 autovacuum safe?
Date: 2009-04-12 16:27:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We are running postgresql-8.1.9 and plan to upgrade to 8.2 or even 8.3
but can't just yet. I need to run analyze periodically (like hourly),
but before I write a script to loop through the tables in each schema
and run analyze, I thought I would try autovacuum. I say one post that
said there was a bug with autovacuum in 8.1.x?

Is autovacuum under 8.1.9 safe or should I wait until I upgrade?
Thanks in advance.
-- irene
Irene Barg Email: ibarg(at)noao(dot)edu
NOAO/AURA Inc. http://www.noao.edu/noao/staff/ibarg