Evidently no support for the mmddyyyy date format

From: Bernard Barton <bfb21(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Evidently no support for the mmddyyyy date format
Date: 2009-04-09 22:56:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Today I tried every permutation of the DateStyle parameter I could find, and
still cannot get PostgreSQL 8.3 to accept dates in the format mmddyyyy. I tried
setting this in the postgresql.conf file, and also in psql using "set datestyle
to <style>". So, am I correct to conclude that it is not possible to configure
to accept dates on the mmddyyyy format? I know I can probably use the to_date
function, but this would involve changing a multitude of queries, which is what
I'm trying to avoid.

-Thanks