xpath_table, or something similair?

From: Mario Splivalo <mario(dot)splivalo(at)megafon(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: xpath_table, or something similair?
Date: 2009-03-30 08:41:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is there a way to get recordset out of XML document - something similair
to contrib/xml2's xpath_table function, but I'd like to be able to get
data out of XML document that is not stored in the database.

I wrote my own plpgsql function for converting XML document data to
recordset (table), but that requires more than few xpath/generate_series
functions, and I think it might get slow for rather large documents. Now
I'm wondering if that is the only/right way, or there are some other
tools I might not be aware of.

Thanks in advance,

Mike