SSL Connections from Windows Clients

From: Richard Stephan <rstepha1(at)nycap(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSL Connections from Windows Clients
Date: 2009-03-04 01:33:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am having a problem getting the Windows client to work with my Solaris
database using SSL connections.

In the postgresql\8.3\bin directory there are the libpq.dll
andssleay32.dll libraries. I am fairly certain by the tests I have
conducted that the client is trying to use SSL but the error in the
server log is "could not accept SSL connection: cipher or hash unavailable"

What do I need to do on the server to get the client to use a valid cipher?

My psql client on the Solaris box using localhost as my connection works
with:
Cipher: EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA, bits: 168

And my Java clients connect successfully as well.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/ssl-tcp.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/stat ... q-ssl.html
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/libpq-ssl.html>
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentatio ... lient.html