Debugging custom type libraries

From: Will Harrower <wjh105(at)doc(dot)ic(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debugging custom type libraries
Date: 2009-02-18 18:05:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm writing a custom type, with the associated functions (type_in,
type_out, etc) written in C, in an external shared library that Postgres
loads at runtime. I was wondering what the best way of debugging these
functions is... I can start postgres through gdb, but can't figure out
how to debug the dynamically loaded functions, or break when they are
executed. I've done my best to find the answer, but have unfortunately
failed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Will.