Strange thing happened when upgrading postgres on windows on my laptop

From: Raul Carolus <raul(dot)carolus(at)dealerbuilt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange thing happened when upgrading postgres on windows on my laptop
Date: 2009-02-09 14:12:51
Lists: pgsql-general

I had 8.2.something installed on my lappy. I downloaded 8.3.5 and
unzipped it. I used Upgrade.bat to perform the upgrade. Everything
went almost swimmingly, except for two strange things:

1. During the install, it told me I had to close open office to
continue installation. That made me tilt my head, but I closed open
office and went on my merry way.

2. After the upgrade, I tried connecting via pgadmin and it gave me a
message: "Not enough shared memory to run autovacuum" I restarted the
windows service and it's now working ok.

That's all I had. I don't need resolutions to these, but I wanted to
report them.

-Raul Carolus