Re: Use PSQLFS for photo storage

From: Jason Long <mailing(dot)list(at)supernovasoftware(dot)com>
To: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Use PSQLFS for photo storage
Date: 2009-01-14 01:07:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Sam Mason wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:56:42AM +0000, Sam Mason wrote:
>
>> If you Java you'd probably be better off using it
>>

> Hum, it's getting late. That should be "If you *know* Java"! Bed time
> for me I think!
>

> Sam

Thanks for the advice. I will probably go with Java. In the inventory
system I developed I am already storing documents via bytea. I will
probably do the same with these images. I will be dealing with them via
hibernate so I guess I should import them the same way.

I was hoping for a already developed function that could import an
entire directory structure recursively. I can do this easily enough in
Java.