adding postgis support to turnkey postgresql

From: Liraz Siri <liraz(at)turnkeylinux(dot)org>
To: Brent Wood <b(dot)wood(at)niwa(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, turnkey-discuss(at)lists(dot)turnkeylinux(dot)org
Subject: adding postgis support to turnkey postgresql
Date: 2008-12-09 08:14:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Brent,

The current release of TurnKey PostgreSQL doesn't include postgis but it
should be easy enough to add post-installation:

apt-get install postgis postgresql-8.3-postgis

Since the packages are quite small, we'll add them by default when we
release the next version of the appliance.

I've created a Launchpad blueprint for this feature:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/turnkeylinux/+spec/add-postgis-to-turnkey-postgresql

If you subscribe you'll get updates.

Cheers,
Liraz