Re: SQL query

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Michael Thorsen <mthorsen1980(at)gmail(dot)com>, 'PostgreSQL' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL query
Date: 2008-11-22 16:23:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On 22/11/2008 16:07, Michael Thorsen wrote:
> For the most part yes. The price and value were "real" columns,
> otherwise the rest of it is the same. On a small data set I seem to get

That's almost certainly the problem, so - rounding errors are causing
the equality test in the join to fail. You should use NUMERIC for those
floating-point values.

Have a look at what the docs say on REAL and family:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-numeric.html#DATATYPE-FLOAT

Ray.

PS - please don't top-post, as it makes the thread difficult to follow.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie