Re: [SQL] primary key view failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: rob caSSon <rob(at)styro(dot)lib(dot)muohio(dot)edu>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] primary key view failure
Date: 1999-08-05 16:29:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu> writes:

>> Your example seems to work fine for me with current sources.
>> What version are you running?

> I just got the same results as Rob, with a 6.5.0 install,

OK, I went back and tried it with 6.5.1 and indeed see the same failure
as Rob. So it's something that's been fixed in the current sources.
I dunno what --- but I did a *lot* of work on the parser's array support
last month, and that might have something to do with it...

> and a hopefully helpful error message:
> idas_proto=> \d blah
> ERROR: get_ruledef of blah: unknown node type 111 in check_if_rte_used()

That one is still there in current sources. Will clean it up.

> So, is this fixed in 6.5.1, or is it something that needs backporting from
> current?

A backport from current may not be too practical, unless someone wants
to try to identify exactly what's failing in 6.5.*. I bet it's an array
issue, but beyond that I'm clueless.