Re: log file?

From: <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: <flitot(at)besancon(dot)sema(dot)slb(dot)com>
Cc: <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: log file?
Date: 2002-11-05 18:20:54
Lists: pgsql-general

> the number of files increase
> my database is always connected
> i use a jdbc driver and a program is always connected to the database
> and send sometimes insertion
> hav you got an idea?

The only thing I know of that can cause this is an old transaction still
being required because a connected client might need it. Could this be
the case? I don't know what version of PG you are using, but recent ones
let you see what queries are in progress via the statistics views. See
pg_stat... in the manual and the mailing list archives.

It's evening here, so I'll post again tomorrow.

--
Richard Huxton