Importing text file into a TEXT field

From: Bruno Lavoie <bruno(dot)lavoie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "bruno(dot)lavoie(at)gmail(dot)com >> Bruno Lavoie" <bruno(dot)lavoie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Importing text file into a TEXT field
Date: 2008-11-07 16:15:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Is there a way to easily import a relatively huge text file into a table
column? I'd like to use psql and I`'ve looked at lo_* commands and I
can't figure how to import my text file into my TEXT column. My last
solution is to write a little script to load my text file in a var and
then insert to databse.

Thanks
Bruno Lavoie