Re: Remove support for old realpath() API

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove support for old realpath() API
Date: 2024-08-12 14:35:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> writes:
>> Tom had tested this on and found that it does actually work on AIX 7.1
>> and 7.3 but the documentation is wrong.

> I too have a distinct recollection of having tested this (using the
> gcc compile farm machines), but I cannot find anything saying so in
> the mailing list archives. I can go check it again, I guess.

I can confirm that the attached program works on cfarm111 (AIX 7.1)
and cfarm119 (AIX 7.3), though "man realpath" denies it on both
systems.

I also found leftover test files demonstrating that I checked this
same point on Apr 26 2024, so I'm not sure why that didn't turn up
in a mail list search.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
testrealpath.c text/x-c 257 bytes