[Pljava-dev] org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library "/opt/pljava/pljava.so": libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From: daniel at notima(dot)se (Daniel Tamm)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library "/opt/pljava/pljava.so": libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Date: 2008-10-03 06:52:53
Lists: pljava-dev

I would start by checking my SELinux settings (/etc/sysconfig/selinux on
RedHat). If they are enforced (which is default on many new Linux
distributions) you'd probably not be allowed to load a shared object
file from /opt/pljava.

I had this problem recently and almost went crazy before I found the
cause of the problem.

Also make sure that libjvm.so is in your linking path (run 'ldconfig -v'
and make sure it's there).

You can also check if pljava.so can find it's dependencies by running:

ldd /opt/pljava/pljava.so

For the x86_64 version of pljava I had to build it from source to get it
working for some reason. I didn't get the precompiled to work.

/Daniel