[Pljava-dev] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date: 2008-07-21 09:10:10
Lists: pljava-dev

Terence Ng wrote:

> I suppose I have installed pljava adequately. But I discover that
> something wrong and want to re-install it again...but fail to install..
> I do not know where should I start. Please give me some suggestions.

I don't believe your install worked correctly. To clear out the old
installation there should be an uninstall.sql alongside the install.sql
file. So I'd give that a shot.

> psql:/usr/postgres/8.2/share/install.sql:6: ERROR: could not load
> library "/usr/postgres/8.2/lib/pljava.so": ld.so.1: postgres: fatal:
> libjvm.so: open failed: No such file or directory

This is your real problem here. I'm guessing you haven't set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately prior to starting the server.

Kris Jurka