[Pljava-dev] Help SetUserIdAndContext

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Help SetUserIdAndContext
Date: 2008-06-12 16:31:35
Lists: pljava-dev

Parisso Escamilla wrote:

> I compiled postgresql-base.8.1.9.tar.gz in /usr/local/src and the
> installation put it into /usr/local/psql.
> I followed all the instructions in INSTALL archive in postgres files.
>
> The system result is psql version 8.1.9 postgres-server 8.1.11
>
> I did something wrong??? or is better to run RPM archive.

The binary pljava 1.4 builds for 8.1 will only work with 8.1.11 or
higher. This is why you can't install them on your 8.1.9 server. The
source will build against either server version, but you the compiled
results can only be used for servers that provide the same API as it was
compiled against. If your OS provides 8.1.11, I don't see why you would
go to the trouble of installing a separate copy of an older version.

Kris Jurka