Re: Unable to dump database using pg_dump

From: Adam Dear <adear(at)usnx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to dump database using pg_dump
Date: 2008-06-11 22:41:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I managed to get the server started again. It was failing because the
permissions on the data folder were not right.

Now, though, I'm back to where I started. There are two postgres users
in the pg_shadow table. One of them has a password, the other doesn't,
but they both have the same sysid. I tried to delete the one without
the password, I couldn't get it deleted.

I tried:

Delete from pg_shadow where ctid = '(0,1)';
DELETE 0

and

Delete from pg_shadow where passwd = '';
DELETE 0