[Pljava-dev] How to compile pljava in Solaris 10 5/08?

From: jurka at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] How to compile pljava in Solaris 10 5/08?
Date: 2008-06-08 04:21:11
Lists: pljava-dev

Terence Ng wrote:

> I have difficulty in compiling pljava 1.4.0 in Solaris 10 5/08.
> I am using Postgresql 8.2, JDK1.5..0, GCC and Binutils packages in Solaris.
>
> There is an error during compiling:
>
> /bin/sh: /ws/on10-tools/SUNWspro/SS11/bin/cc: not found

Pljava is trying to use the same compiler and options to build pljava as
the postgresql server was compiled with. Apparently your postgresql
package was built with Solaris' compiler, so it's trying to use that
instead of gcc which you have installed.

You can override this by setting the CUSTOM_CC environment variable to
point to gcc, but you'll still have the old CFLAGS and other things
which are not so easy to override. The easiest thing would be to
install the sun compiler, next easiest would be to build your own
postgresql version with gcc, and finally you could adjust assorted parts
of the pljava build system to build with gcc instead of sun's compiler.

Kris Jurka