Re: export data to excel

From: "Gauthier, Dave" <dave(dot)gauthier(at)intel(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: export data to excel
Date: 2010-05-25 18:44:56
Lists: pgsql-general

csv can easily be swallowed by Excel as a data source.

I like the ODBC based query suggestion better. I've configured Excel to accept user inputs via text input widgets and pass them onto the query as params in the query predicate. I found the "QueryEditor.xla" add-in very valuable in this regard as it allows you to edit the sql query as text instead of their goofy and limited graphical editor which is often not up to the task.