table creation/modified timestamp

From: Kevin Neufeld <kneufeld(at)refractions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: table creation/modified timestamp
Date: 2008-05-16 16:05:23
Lists: pgsql-general

A wish-list feature for me is for postgresql to keep a record of a table
creation date and modified date. This could be added to the '\dt+'
shortcut.

I have well over 100 tables and I find I'm always asking myself when
certain tables were created. I realize I could always look at the
relfilenode attribute from pg_class and hunt around in the filesystem to
track down the datestamp the OS gave the file ... but a shortcut view
would be nice.

Cheers,
Kevin