change encoding

From: "J(dot) Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET" <tech(at)ubilibet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: change encoding
Date: 2008-05-13 07:00:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have installed a new postgresql server and I need to recover an old
database on it.
The database I have to recover has LATIN2 as encoding and when i try to
restore it into the new one I get error messages due to encoding.
I have read that from pgsql8-3 is not possible to have different
encoding and since by default the encoding for postgres is UTF8 my doubt
is how can I restore the old database with no errors.

Thanks in advance.